While your Lennox® heating system isn’t able to chat with you, it possesses a process to tell you about a furnace error.
Its control panel has twin LED lights that can share a fault code. Based on the problem, your heating system might show solid or flashing lights.
Although there are some simple heating fixes you can complete on your own, many tasks are best left to HVAC technicians. When your heating system won’t kick on or provide warm air, reach out to Ilten's at 319-208-2351 for skilled furnace repair in Cedar Rapids.
Our technicians will quickly detect and repair the problem, even if you don’t own a Lennox heater. We can repair all brands or makes—and get the heat returned to your home without delay.
What Does the Flickering Light on My Furnace Mean?
Your heater uses lights to flash code when it requires repairs. It also works this system to let you know it’s working like it should.
Normal operation involves:
- Simultaneous slow flash—heating system working like it should.
- Both lights flash fast—heater is starting to call for heat.
If you notice a single light blinking slowly and the other blinking quickly, your heater could be having a low flame signal. This can occur even when your heating system is operating like it should. It indicates the flame sensing rod could have buildup or in the wrong location on the burner. Reach out to us at 319-208-2351 for assistance.
Here are a few other of the most routine faults for Lennox HVAC systems.
Heating System Refuses to Kick On
Here are a few of the light patterns you could notice when your heat will not or keep running. Most of these problems need to be taken care of by a specialist, for instance from Ilten's.
- The pair of LED lights are extinguished. This means your heating system might not have electricity. Go to the breaker box to confirm the heating system fuse has not flipped. Attempt to reset the fuse if it is in the “off” position. If it promptly flips after you reset it, don’t try to reset it again and get in touch with us us at 319-208-2351.
- One light is stable and the other is flickering slowly. This implies the flame rollout switch is may be malfunctioning. The component is an essential safety guard that aids in stopping fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to repair this problem yourself.
- One light is flickering rapidly and the other is flashing slowly. This likely signifies power polarity has been transposed. Your heating system may have a wiring error that calls for specialized support from Ilten's.
- All lights are flashing slowly. This indicates your heating system’s blower motor possibly isn’t working. This part sends heated air from the heating system into your rooms. We can aid in pinpointing what’s wrong with this part.
- A single light is flickering slowly and the other is flickering quickly. This indicates your heater might have insufficient voltage or a short circuit. Call our technicians at 319-208-2351 for support.
- One light is flickering on, on, off while the other blinks on, off, on. This means there could be an issue with your HVAC system’s control board or wiring. Ilten's can find the error and take care of it.
- The duo of lights are using every other slow flickers. This signifies your heating system likely has a flame error. There could be trouble with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Reach out to us at 319-208-2351 for support.
- A single light flashes slowly while the other remains continuous. This typically signifies your heater’s limit switch is experiencing an error. The switch keeps your heater from getting too hot. Call the professionals at Ilten's for assistance.
Heating System Blower Works But No Warmth
Here’s what might be at fault when you notice your heating system’s blower fan working, but you aren’t receiving any heated air.
- Both lights are showing alternate fast flashes. This indicates your furnace ignitor might not be in working order. This part lights gas in your heater to make warmth and should be serviced by a specialist from Ilten's.
Trust Us for Expert Furnace Repair
When you need to get your HVAC equipment in working order fast, turn to the specialists at Ilten's. Our technicians will take care of the issue without delay and have your house feeling cozy again in no time. Contact us at 319-208-2351 or contact us online to schedule an appointment now.