There’s no getting around the changing weather in Cedar Rapids, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Ilten's Incorporated technician drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few easy ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Cedar Rapids. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the experts at Ilten's Incorporated a call at 319-208-3295 to start saving a little more today.