Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Cedar Rapids is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Ilten's Incorporated constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. mow the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Ilten's Incorporated in Cedar Rapids at 319-208-3295 today.