Having routine air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Cedar Rapids season, have the experts at Ilten's Incorporated conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Ilten's Incorporated today at 319-208-3295.