During the cooler Cedar Rapids months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Ilten's Incorporated will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Ilten's Incorporated ASAP if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Ilten's Incorporated can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Ilten's Incorporated at 319-208-3295 or book an appointment with us online.