In Cedar Rapids you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace fix-up
visit in the near future. As a minimum, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and influence your furnace’s performance. It could even cause trouble with your furnace’s limit switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may require a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some symptoms for you to search for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a pro, like Ilten's Incorporated, if you note any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem tired? Indications related to your blower could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running noisily or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a obstructed condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Ilten's Incorporated at 319-208-3295 when you need to arrange repairs or annual maintenance.