As warmer weather rolls around, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Cedar Rapids? Particularly if your AC equipment is newer or was working well last year.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never have to request any work for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can develop leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your equipment examined annually by a Ilten's Incorporated pro can help spot little problems before they lead to huge meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is installed outside your home, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, you should call an expert to maintain delicate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect within your unit can push it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can create elevated energy needs—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling bill and over the long run, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little issues before they become big, pricey troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely look at parts and perform a series of cooling performance verifications. These detailed measures often allow us to find issues before they turn into large issues that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free cooling throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is prepped to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your unit is open to advanced meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the ensuing locations and pieces:
- Full unit condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Ilten's Incorporated
Today is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Ilten's Incorporated pros a shout at 319-208-3295 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, make sure to check our special offers for savings on your next tune-up.