As spring begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Cedar Rapids? Even if your air conditioning equipment is recently installed or was running good last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Ilten's expert can help spot little issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps determine little troubles before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine components and complete a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into big issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with Ilten's
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Ilten's pros a call at 319-208-2351 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.