With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can cut a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically increase your costs and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Ilten's Incorporated professional do air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system operating well for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is working properly and can identify potential issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Ilten's Incorporated a call at 319-208-3295.