It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when you require air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a variety of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the greatest savings you can. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to notify you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a number of perks that can help better your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Ilten's Incorporated in Cedar Rapids has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 319-208-3295.